Public Liabuility Insurance

Trunker

...We used to just have the cheap BECTU cover but have found of late that bigger clients don't accept it as they have quite strict small print apparently...

At last, somebody's noticed that BECTU cover isn't worth the paper it's printed on :P

Well OK, maybe it is - but not a lot more :(

indeed. I only found out when we were subbing for a larger company and they asked for my boss's PLI details. I said BECTU and there was a pause. And a sigh. And then a request that we find other insurance in the future if we wanted to work for them again. Apparently they had used someone in a previous year who had managed to take out a doorway in a listed building with a forklift accident. As he was unable to provide written evidence that he had performed a comprehensive safety checklist before using the forks, the BECTU insurance didn't pay up. We've got Doodsons now, nice, straightforward, and fit-for-purpose (IMO)

Archived