Simpsons Test CD

cfmonk

I was just doing some browsing of the blue room and noticed a discussion of test CDs.

I remember a sound engineer I used to work with having a Simpsons test CD which included the line "Add a little bit of bass..."

I cannot find it ANYWHERE!

Any ideas?

Chris

There are test discs, and there are disc that test a system works. I'd suggest here we're not really talking about a test CD - we're talking about tracks played to make people smile, laugh, cringe, get embarrassed over and generally show off a bit. Nothing wrong with that, of course - I've bought quite a few CDs based on what visiting crews use - but rarely do they contain content that can be used for testing. Fair enough, we've probably all got a few commercial tracks that we know have extra low bass content, or have cymbals that really test the HF while we wander around - but in general, the only testing element is that you can walk around and check something emerges from the cabs - which may well be what you want?

My only beef is calling them test CDs - which I think of as something very different - HOWEVER, I can't think of a real word that describes them?

Yes I apologise.

I described it as a test CD because it was always used for testing, it is a great track which has a wide selection of sound in it and each bit of sound tends to be introduced nice and clearly.

It is not a test CD with tones, noise etc.

Chris

Archived