Pro DVD players

Dave

Hi,

I need to get a pro DVD player very soon and would appreciate recommendations.

I don't think the Denon DN-V100 has an OSD hide facility, which rules it out.

So I think I'm left to choose between the Denon DN-V210 and Tascam DVD-01U.

The DN-V310 is the same as the 210 with RS232, which I don't need, the HHB UDP-89 is a bit expensive, the Pioneer DVD-V8000 is very expensive, and the other Pioneers are discontinued. I'm not aware of any others.

Any suggestions, preferably from someone with experience of both the DN-V210 and DVD-01U.

Thanks,

Dave

Pioneer do a DVD-V5000 too which is a bit cheaper.

I've not used the Denon DN-V100 - I'd be surprised if a player sold as professional had no ability to hide the OSD. (imho having no OSD hide would be good enough reason to return it for a refund)

The Pioneer DVD-V8000 has a proper monitor output which has the OSD on (like a professional VCR) but it's very expensive. It is an advanced player though and the various remote control options make it the only viable choice for some applications now the DVD-v7300 is discontinued.

Marantz also make a pro DVD player (forgotten the model number), it is not the best (it does not stack up anywhere near as high as the DVD-V8000), but is is semi-decent... Except it does not always like home made DVDs - it's somewhat picky - so if you do go with it, find a media that works well, and buy in bulk.

That said, the DVD-V8000 really is one of the finest machines available, and well worth the price tag.

Archived