Moving Head Projectors

mikienorth

You say you're in the north. I'm not sure how far north you mean, but ZigZag lighting in leeds most definately have at least 3 Robe Digital Spots, as I've hired them in the past.

Ours were hired as part of a large hire, so have no idea about prices individually.

You'll need very good insurance at £22,000 each!

As far as I'm aware the DML isn't in the wild yet:

"The official launch of the product is scheduled on March 12th in Frankfurt and the units will be commercially available as of Q3 2008.

Joost De Frene

Product Manager Digital Lighting

Media & Entertainment division

Barco"

We tried to get a pair for a tour, but they couldn't come through despite some hard work on our behalf by the Barco reps... :-(

Just a footnote to add that the reason wasn't Barco being stubborn, but trying to ensure that they get the DML completely sussed before it is commercially available- there is a fair whack of new technology in there, such as a liquid cooled DLP projector (while the others are all LCD IIRC) with a sealed optical path meaning haze and smoke don't cause it any issues. I'd expect it to be a stonking product when it's out due to the testing that's going on with it.

We have 6 HES DL1's with cameras and SDI inputs.

Since we have a large selection of media servers we haven't gone down the DL2 route.

HSL own a quantity of Robe Digispots, and Neg Earth own 12 DL2's.

Hugh

XL Video.

Archived