Lapel Microphones with LEMO connectors

DaveBennett

Hey,

We have several Trantec radio lapel microphones at school which have what I believe to be Lemo connectors on them. Please forgive me if there are than one type but I'm not the greatest with sound!

Would just like to know if there is just one type of lemo connectors or w/e and also, if there is just one type. Can anyone recomend some microphones, head worn or lapel which are good for singing. Budget is somewhere around £50-£100 each.

Many thanks,

Dave

This link is one f many that talk about headset mics. The lemo connectors on Trantecs are 4 pin versions, and are amazingly expensive, so you really need to remove them from the old duff ones and re-use. The best budget solution at the moment are the headset versions from CPC - sound good, very slim and discrete - and you can just throw them away when you wreck them.

well - I'm pretty good at it, and don't find it a problem - it's just fiddly.

You need a small iron, and need to take great care when dismantling the connector. Makie sure it goes back together the same way - the black insert has very tiny recesses that mean it is easy to put it back together wrongly - it resists, but you could force it if you weren't careful.

If you are good at soldering small components, go for it - if you aren't, get somebody else to do it!

Buying the CPC ones with Lemos on isn't possible, but if you buy them from people who have the plugs fitted, expect to pay an extra 40-50 quid!

Hmm, problem is there is nothing wrong with the lapels we have, there very good for spoken word etc but when it comes to singing etc there just not up too it so dont really want to wreck those for these ones.

Anyone got any idea how good these are...?

Ack, link doesnt work cause of stupidly designed website.

Go to http://www.commsandsound.com - search "lemo" and its the top one at about £60

Ty, Dave

I reccomend going on the Lemo website and downloading the assembly instructions, many Lemo's wont work properly without exactly the correct cable due to their design.

We sometimes terminate the bigger versions on Pro Video equipment and it can be a nightmare!

contact trantec themselves, they do some for about £30 IIRC with the lemo on, I use them and they are fine for spoken, singing opera and everything I have thrown at them so far.

studiospares used to do them, and still might if you contact them but they have come off the catalogue now.

theyre not the smalles of things, the mic head is 8mm long and about 7mm diameter, but off stage theyre fine. oh and they come with a clip.

Archived