ADB Cantor 96

nothingatall666

Hello.

I've been looking to buy the Cantor 96 LX desk by ADB.

Theres one second hand for £881.25. :o

It looks like an alright desk, it would be used for theater work and concert work.

Like always, before buying something I like to know peoples comments about them. ;)

The desk seems to be in the dark a bit (maybe because it had been out for a while :) ) I think I found somewhere that a new one costs around 5K, although my German isn't too good so I may have got the wrong figure.

so any thoughts?

would you recommend it for someone who isn't a pro, but wants to get experiance with a fairly big memory desk?

thank-you! B-)

I've found a datasheet for the Cantor 96 here, and it is a pretty old one.

I'd suggest a SmartFade 24/96 - you can get a brand-new one for roughly the same as the second-hand Cantor 96 you've found.

Hi nothingatall666!

More info here: ADB Cantor.

Please drop me a PM if you want to know any other details.

It can be used without the monitor if required.

Has the one you are looking at got the analogue outputs fitted? They can be useful if you're touring the desk to venues without DMX.

Andrew C: No, it's nothing like the Tenor! (Mouse operation seemed like such a good idea at the time, 20 years ago!)

HTH

Barney

I came across a cantor a few years ago and found it a bit tricky to programme.

I'd take Tomo's advice and get a smartfade, but then it depends on what you'll be doing most. Why the cantor in particular?

mainly because theres one second hand for £900 ish so compared to a-lot of other new desks its cheap enough.

I also like the look of the desk. and the way its lay'd out. the smart fade one looks more 'boring' (can you tell I'm a sound man?)

my friend and I are looking at splashing out on new LX equipment. and because I'm more of a sound guy I told him that I would get the desk (as its the thing that I have most experiance with in the lighting area)

Has the one you are looking at got the analogue outputs fitted? They can be useful if you're touring the desk to venues without DMX.

yes it is has got the analogue outputs

Archived