LBX

Gnome

My LBX is dead, spilt bateery acid has damaged the "motherboard beyond economic repair".

Query 1

Anyone got an old one I can have or buy?

Query 2

As a replacement I want 48 faders, keypad for data entry, oodles of subs, theatre type stack, monitor output with labelling, PC off line editor and ability to handle a small number of movers with a logic that youngish teenagers and their oldish teacher can grasp in hours not years.

Suggestions? Did I hear a croak somewhere?

What is your budget? Our school has an ETC express 48/96 which has all the features you mention. Its very simple to program, 24 subs 48 faders or 96 in wide mode (or you can get a 24/48 version) ofline editor, cue stack with 2 playbacks. The only problem is the moving light software is very basic, and doesn't have any shape generators etc, and also only has a trackpad for encoding.

Doesn't the Strand 300 have a 24/48 panel in addition to the normal command line entry? Obviously this console is then backed up with the 500 series software.

Stu

If your going to have youngsters using the desk then don't buy the Strand 300 series. The only good about it, is you can use it to hold the door open.

It is badly built and can take no punishment at all. Which in schools it will get.

I would look at the Strand 530I they are robust and easy to use. What you know on your LBX can be easily transferred the 530I.

If you want I can teach you the basics and more advanced (I.e, movers, scrollers, shape generation) in about 2 hours.

Jon

I would look at the Strand 530I they are robust and easy to use. What you know on your LBX can be easily transferred the 530I.

530i's are a bit pricey tho - wouldn't get much (if any) change out of £10k!

Stu

Archived