RGB To Lee Colours

strand600X

I've been looking for something like this as well. The nearest I got was getting a CMY chart (paulears keeps posting one every so often when this topic comes up) and the RBG is the reverse. ie. If Cyan is 100 then Red will be 155, Magenta 50, then Green will be 205 and if Yellow is 200 then Green will be 55.

This is a good starting point, I often find my blue value has to be halved, but this will depend on what lights you are using. I use this to get me close and then go by eye!

Steve

edit: the paulears link is here

Thanx Charlie

Its a very handy topic. It's about CMY and I need RGB. I'm probably been stupid but are they the same or different?

Cheers

bAz

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

I've been looking for something like this as well. The nearest I got was getting a CMY chart (paulears keeps posting one every so often when this topic comes up) and the RBG is the reverse. ie. If Cyan is 100 then Red will be 155, Magenta 50, then Green will be 205 and if Yellow is 200 then Green will be 55.

Thanx Steve

At least its a start

Baz

:( Maybe I'm tired but I didn't understand anything after Cyan is 100... ;)

Edit: Ah, after a few reads and playing with GrandMA OnPC, I get it. I fell over the phrasing of the reply trying to work out why Red would be 100, Magenta 50 and Green 205 if Cyan was 100. And I missed the point you are using DMX values, not percent. Sorry. Move along, nothing to see here......

To answer the OPs original quetsion ... "No"

Not all Rs are the same intensity or frequency of Red, same for Green and Blue thererfore there is no exact translation.

The best you can hope for is something that gets you close but having to modify the value by hand is common. Significient tweeking (especially of Blue) may be necessary depending on your particular RGB source.

Archived