Sanyo Pro-x

Chris Adam

Hi,

I have a sanyo pro-x projector that seem to be having some issues. The "lamp" LED is on constantly even though I have replaced the bulb and reset the counter, and then after around 30 mins of being on, it switches itself off. I'm concerned that it's a thermal thing, but the temperature warning light isn't coming on at any point.

I should point out that it's the "lamp" LED, not the "replace lamp" LED that's on all the time.

Any ideas?

cheers.

Alright Chris! How's tricks?

Nothing to do with power saving/auto switch off settings? I have a feeling (or recollection perhaps) that the Lamp indicator er, indicates Standbye mode or something like that. Does it switch itself off regardless of whether it has an input or not?

Ben

Edit: Might help if I read all the posts and have a look at that users manual...

Ah ben. When I saw that user name I knew it couldn't be anyone else.

Cheers for the advice. Someone else had also mentioned that it could be an auto off thing, so I've been trawling through the manual to find it. PDFs are just a pain to get through so I may bite the bullet and print 44 pages!

hope you are doing good mate. I'll send you a PM instead of talking here.

cheers

• 1 year later...

Just sharing problem and solution I had tonight with Sanyo PLC-XU100 projector. Projector was running in very hot room when power cicuit supplying PJ was cut off. On restoring power, there was no way of restarting as red standby light didn't come on. Slight panic as show is on Saturday, and difficult to find something with similar brightness to replace. Took it home and Googled for solution.

Problem on other Sanyos seemed to be thermal cutout but where is it sited? No other cases of this model mentioned. Took cover off and looked all over but nothing to be seen that looked remotely like a cutout or reset button. Removed lamp and looked all round housing but no sign of a cutout.

Putting cover back on, small metal clip fell off that should hold the screw on one side. Difficult to get it back in and I considered leaving it off but was worried that I probably have to send the whole thing off for service and better if its complete. Had to unplug and remove fan unit to get into the place where it belongs. With fans out, looked into space below the circuit board and there it was - a little black cylinder with white pin protruding towards the plastic base of the PJ. There seems to be a moulding under the pin that could have a hole for pushing something throught to reset, but there is no hole formed in the base of my machine. Pushed in a screwdriver and levered upwards. Click it went - back into the unit. Connected power lead and red light appeared. Reattached cover , pushed the power button and it whirred into life once more - Sorted and working again thanks to a part falling off.

WK

Archived