Mystery Compression Driver

KevinE

Hi folks, can anybody recognize this horn compression driver removed from a Sharma loudspeaker cabinet, or poss. know of its specs? The coil is burnt.

It's marked TYPE DC25 and SPEC T1674.

On the back is stamped T1674 again along with faston lugs.

Thanks!!

Kevin

http://www.geocities.com/kedwardsleisure/driver.jpg

the compression driver is a celestion dc25 - inch and three eighth, eighteen tpi. standard screw with a phenolic diaphram - the diaphram for dc 25/50/ 100 are all similar , and if I remember correctly will fit.

frequency response is usable from 250 hz to about 8khz on large outdoor pa horns for voice - also used from 1200hz to 10khz as a budget treble driver.25w power handling 8 ohms - T- number identifies the unit - I remeber quoting this a long time ago when ordering replacement diaphrams.

Thanks Alan, that's a very complete answer! I'm surprised it's 25W but that's because it's old I'm sure!! It weighs like a bag of potatoes. The frequency response is important because it's out of an instrument and fitting something too different will annoy the hell out of the musician.

I think I found a mid-range driver which will work with a HF rolling off at 8K, your specs have given me confidence it will be ok!

Archived