smartMAC - is it any good?

Lighty

The new smartMAC from Martin appeared to be very impressive at PLASA last year. I am keen to purchase some on the basis that they are going to save me time and money. My usual fixtures are installed for lengthy periods of time with little love and heavy use - the joy of nightclubs! This new fixture has no fans, and most of the key components have been designed to be more resistant to smoke and dirt [basically sealed wherever possible]. Has anyone purchased these fixtures yet and if so can they comment on them? I appreciate that it may be difficult because they have not been out long. Has anyone had any disasters?

Had a representative from Martin demo a Smart Mac a few weeks ago. I was very very impressed. Aside from the fact that they are easy to service and have no fans they are also extremely bright. Had it up against a Martin Mac 500 and a HighEnd Studio Spot 575 and the difference was amazing - much much brighter. Not bad for a 150w unit

Yes they are, the optics are superb, p/t very fast, I've had 4 for 7 month's and not had any fault's at all. The only thing is they do run hot but this is not a problem it's just down to the fanless design.

They are going to be industry standard on install's just like the 500 was

Archived