CMY Chart

Big Jay

Hi all, this maybe a silly question but is there such a thing as a CMY chart, i.e. a chart that tells how much Magenta and how much Yellow to get a certain colour.

Any help would be greatly thanked

Tosh

In print, yes (plus black).

In light, no; there is the largest variable is the lamp (tungsten vs metal halide, etc...). Any light worth it's salt will be calibrated (or rather, the fixture profile in the desk) to the type of lamp it commonly uses.

But I am one man; there will be more replies.

-j

This question has been asked a lot before. As J Pearce says it will get you somewhere near but not 100% of the way. The link below gives you some conversion between CMY and LEE filters although it will vary from lantern to lantern. If you need it, I think there is a Rosco conversion as well somewhere on that site.

http://www.ukslc.org/Technical_Articles/Li...sion_Chart.html

If you search for "CMY Charts" in the BR you will find lots of other links to various sites as well within threads,

HTH,

Matt

The link below gives you some conversion between CMY and LEE filters

Unless I'm just being a pessimist, why would this be of any use? As far as I have known, CMY mixing does not work with gel and 3 lights because CMY mixing is based on the saturation of the colors in relation to the white of the lamp.

-j

The link below gives you some conversion between CMY and LEE filters

Unless I'm just being a pessimist, why would this be of any use? As far as I have known, CMY mixing does not work with gel and 3 lights because CMY mixing is based on the saturation of the colors in relation to the white of the lamp.

-j

Woody,

Are you implying using a Cyan/Magenta/Yellow gel in three separate lights and trying to mix them? It's just that is the way that I read your post. What I was thinking of was using something like a MAC600/Robe ColorWash 575at and mixing that way to get the LEE equivalent.

That is why I said it would not give perfectly accurate results but somewhere near!

Matt

Edit - Beaten to it by J Pearce

Archived