LEDs on 520i

strand600X

Hi all

I should know this and I don't. I have searched wiki and found nothing.

We are about to use LED battens on our 520i. They are to be patched as 3 channels RGB.

My question is, is it possible to write a fixture profilefor these if so what are the attribute numbers?

Thanx

bAz

;)

Usually you would just use the normal CMY (or RGB) attributes, however the 520 cannot do 'virtual intensity' channels, so unless your battens have a separate intensity channel all fade will have to be done via the colour channels, which could be a little messy.

The general concensus last time this was brought up was that it's just simpler to address them as 3 separate 'fixtures' - mainly because of the lack on some (or many) of an overall master channel - and without this, they're a pain.

Do the LED battens have an overall 'dimmer' channel?

What model are they?

As andy says, it is fairly easy to make a fixture profile and add it into fixtures.lib, and I imagine it would look something like:

With an intensity channel:

[99][LED Batten]

1, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0

14, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0

15, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0

16, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0

Without an intensity channel:

[99][LED Batten]

14, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0

15, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0

16, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0

Edit: Beaten to it!

Thanx everyone

We are trying 3 different ones at the moment. The martin, the chroma q and the pulsar. I don't think any have an intensity channel but I'm not sure. I know how to write a profile so I shall try the CMY and see if I can get it working.

Once again thanx

bAz

As Paulears says, you may well find it easier to do each unit as three intensity channels (assuming you have enough), as that way they will fade as expected and you will be able to treat them as HTP in terms of intensity/fade time (often rather useful in theatre) You can then create useful groups to use for programming -

Group 501 - 'intensity' (all RGB channels)

Group 502 - 'Red' (all red channels)

etc etc

You could probably do something clever with macros, if you really wanted to!

Even if the fixtures don't have an intensity channel it is still useful to put one in the fixture personality and leave it set when programming at any non zero value. This will stop the strand trying to bring up the RGB (or CMY) channels if auto move when dark is being used.

Archived