Fat Frog and Strand 200,

jamed2017

Hey folks,

Right a few weaks ago we got some LED PARS, now hoping to controll them through the fatfrog and fixture personalitys I wouldnt be making this post, But on the FatFrog, you CANT control LED colour mixing fixtures on a HTP Basis, without putting them on channels, now each can 6 channels each, plus 48 conventional dimmers. You run out of channels.

So I intend to stick the LED's on the strand 200, and stick them under submasters, as it has latched submaster page's. But I was currious wheather its possible to use the strand as a remote board for the Frog?

And any ideas how to go about it? if its even possible.

Thanks

Jimmy

I don't think it is possible to use the Strand 200 with is as the Fat Frog doesn't have DMX in.

If you're low on conventional channels then you could do a patch if you still have a few channels remaining (SUPER USER > Desk Setup > Patch Functions > Manual Patch) and only patch the three RGB channels if that's all you want to use. Also, could some of the fixtures go onto the same DMX address so you don't need as many channels to use, though you won't have individual contol over all of the fixtures.

have you contacted zero88 asbout this??

We have sucesfully run Thomas, Pulsar and some cheepo china import LED pars from the frog, infact we ran the thomas ones before the fixture came out for them, I beleive we ran them as a 3 channel scroller, but cant be sure, it was zero88 that gave us the suggestion.

Hey folks,

Right a few weaks ago we got some LED PARS, now hoping to controll them through the fatfrog and fixture personalitys I wouldnt be making this post, But on the FatFrog, you CANT control LED colour mixing fixtures on a HTP Basis, without putting them on channels, now each can 6 channels each, plus 48 conventional dimmers. You run out of channels.

Hi

Why do you want to control them on an HTP basis. If you run them as a fixture you have control of the colours as LTP making live mixing on subs easier and you have HTP control of the dimmers so you can still fade them in cues etc.

Interested in your way of working.

Best

Graham

Zero 88

Why do you want to control them on an HTP basis. If you run them as a fixture you have control of the colours as LTP making live mixing on subs easier and you have HTP control of the dimmers so you can still fade them in cues etc.
Because the Fat Frog doesn't do 'Virtual' Intensity attributes.

The vast majority of LED fixtures have R,G,B (plus macro) attributes - with no dedicated Intensity attribute.

To control these with proper palettes etc the console has to create a 'virtual' Intensity attribute that masters the output of the RGB attributes.

If this isn't done, then recalling a palette instantly jumps the brightness of the fixture to the palette levels.

Archived