CAD Symbols

Stu

Being a poor sod, just downloaded TurboCAD LE edition for my infrequent CAD needs. Reasonably good piece of Software... Anyway, I'm going OT. I'm after some CAD symbols that'll work in this edition, as the ones I downloaded from Modelbox work to a point, to put it another way, some work and some don't. I think it might be something to do with the fact TurboCAD only excepts upto R14 for *.DWG files, so I was wondering if there are any out there that would work with the aforementioned software.

Moving Light symbols would also be mightly handy here...

Thanks in advance for any help! ;)

Stu

Hi Stu

Go here:CADalog Shareware - Utilities

You will find Batch Translator which can transform any AutoCAD version .dwg to an earlier version, right back to R2.5 apparently! I would recommend using R12 as a basis for opening in TurboCAD 4, it seems to prefer them to R14. Also make sure that you have used the Pro patch from the TurboCAD site, this also helps.

There is a group of Lantern Files at the cad4theatre website cad4theatre - downloads

Finally, also on the cad4theatre website is TurboCAD v4 template using the ABTT CAD Standards

I hope that helps

David

Archived