software based video cueing system

crox

Forgive the basic speak, but I am more comfortable with sound mixing, rather than video.

We use at our venue a laptop running SongPro for normal overhead projection of words, images, powerpoint, avi files etc, but sometimes we have need for something to play video's concurrently. We have used in the past ScreenMonkey and it works, but can be temperamental. To clarify further, showing one video then as soon as it ends, it runs the next video.

What software based options are available currently on the market?

This sounds like it is for church use - forgive me if I have got it wrong (I will work on the basis that it is for church use).

SongShow Plus will allow you to run videos one after the other (Note - If you are playing clips from DVDs then you need the same or more dvd drives as the dvds that you are going to use), not only will it run all your videos but it will also take care of powerpoint, songs, Bible verses etc. This would stop you from having to have multiple bits of software running at once as it will handle every thing that you mentioned and you can create the service before hand so that every thing is programmed in the order you want or run things on the fly.

You can download a trial and if you have any problems come over to the SSP7 Community Forum and ask - we are all a friendly bunch.

Hope that helps

Jem

it is for church use.

We currently use SongPro, and it works great, managing powerpoint and individual movie files.

We were resorting to DVD based worship this morning due to lack of band members, so had individual song avi files all set to go. ScreenMonkey was playing up, so we had to use SongPro. Although it seemed to work OK, it was not as slick as SM should have been. The changeover between movie files was a lot slicker with SM rather than SongPro.

Although SongPro is enough for our needs most of the time, SM gives that extra functionality that is often so useful. Was just wondering if there was anything else out there that people use, especially outside of the church environment.

Not that I want to stop you purchasing other software but could you please PM me your Screen Monkey event log so I can try and fix the problems you had.

Where you using version 3?

I would be very grateful, I always want to improve the software so that others may benefit.

Edit: If you want a better forum for church software solutions then Church Media Net may be a better forum.

Thanks Olie,

I will have to ask the person who was managing that aspect of the service. I will check with him, but can't guarantee success!

I will point him across to Church Media Net.

• 4 weeks later...

this definitely sounds like a job for MediaShout at www.mediashout.com. Around £250. Still a church based song software, but you can do cue lists or set videos to loop. Works on PC. You can download a trial version to see how it works. I have been using it for around 7 years now and it is a great piece of playback software.

Alternatively, for Mac you could have a look at Pro Video Player from www.RenewedVision.com which is what Hillsong London use to fire their clips. It is a little more expensive though

Let me know if you want more info

Archived