Reprogram Sennheiser EW135G2

Starstruck

Hi guys,

I have just been given a Sennheiser EW135G2 from a relative in the states but the problem is that it is a band B transmitter !

I know I cant use this frequency band in the UK so the question is can it be reprogrammed to the UK band (E I think !)

Thanks

Kev

Yes, Band E is for the UK between 838 and 868.

No, you can't change them.

I've just been tricked into a couple of Band D on ebay. for which I shall be doing my best to send back and be refunded. of course, if anyone here required a 135G2 on Band D and a 122G2 (lapel) on Band D, then do get in touch, they're brand new.

</blatant plug>

Rob

Indeed they can't be reprogrammed but I was under the impression that Sennheiser could do the necessary hardware changes to switch bands. Whether or not that would be economic is another matter...

Thanks guys,

Ive sent an email to Sennheiser and asked them the question.

I did manage to get hold of the schematics for the mic and the receiver and a look at whats involved . It lists all the components that need to be changed to convert it from one band to another (about 20 or so) but I also think you have to reprogram the EEPROM so that it the processor can control the PLL properly.

I should be my hand on the mic tomorrow so I might just open it up and go play (Im a fully qualified electronics engineer by the way).

I think that Sennheiser would just swap out the RF boards to swap frequencys.

I will let you all know .

Cheers

Kev

changing components in the receiver shouldn't be too tricky. Changing them in the mic maybe more so

Just got an email back from Sennheiser and they want £270 to convert it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It cost $491 brand new from Amazon in the US so they want more to convert it than it actual cost to buy !! What a rip off.

Ive had a quick look at the boards (both of them) and and its tricky to replace them but I work for a big electronics company that builds this sort of stuff for a living so its possible ;-)

Looks like a bunch of component changes, retune the circuits and reprogram two EEPROM's on the RF boards that look like they tell the CPU card what frequencies to use . (From the look of it they also tell the CPU what model it is , ie 100,300 or 500 series).

Hmm , this might make an intersting project !

Kev

Archived