TASCAM CD-A500 - left side output failure

bigglesuk

We have a TASCAM CD-A500 on which one side of the output has failed. Right channel works fine but the left channel is exceedingly quiet. If you push all the faders to max you can hear the music quietly with lots of noise, but the other side is fine.

I've done the normal checks to ensure that the problem is at the CD output stage. Does anyone know what could be causing that? Also, do you think is it worth repairing (2 years old) or just replacing?

Thanks,

Adam

what outputs is the CD on? jacks and phonos are quite weak, so a bit of flexing may have damaged the contact on the board, does wiggling the connectors work?

what you can hear on the desk is more likley cross talk from the other channel, try repeating this, but leave the right channel disconnected

what outputs is the CD on? jacks and phonos are quite weak, so a bit of flexing may have damaged the contact on the board, does wiggling the connectors work?

what you can hear on the desk is more likley cross talk from the other channel, try repeating this, but leave the right channel disconnected

I kind of tried that, change the connectors over to ensure the problem was at the CD connection. The CD player has had a panel on the back of it converting to XLR, so it's not like we've been attacking it connecting and disconnecting cables all the time.

I will try and wiggle things a bit at the weekend.

Archived