Alternative to a hazer to enhance beams from lights

Wol

CO2 is a momentary effect, it doesn't "hang" therefore won't aid in seeing the beams of light.

CO2 is also a lot more costly than you first think, as you are required to have a CO2 detector in the system, which alone can cost upto £1700, dependant on which manufacturer and system you go with.

CO2 is also a lot more costly than you first think, as you are required to have a CO2 detector in the system, which alone can cost upto £1700, dependant on which manufacturer and system you go with.
Really? I've used lots of CO2 effects and never had the need for a CO2 monitor. We are after all talking about small quantities so unless you're using them a hell of a lot near pits or other poorly ventilated areas there shouldn't be much to worry about just use a bit of common sense. Long dry ice scenes are usually worse than a few jets as the CO2 disperses less quickly and there's usually more of it in the first place.

Decent CO2 monitors start at around £200-250 and can probably be hired of you're on a budget.

£200-£250

And these are to be used with which system? Or are these the readily available ones from B&Q, which I wouldn't trust on a gig..

Also, have you considered that it is a legal requirement, when using a CO2 system that you have purchased, to use a CO2 detector that is right for the system? Or is it time we started playing with asphyxiates with the general public around?

£200-£250

And these are to be used with which system? Or are these the readily available ones from B&Q, which I wouldn't trust on a gig..

I was thinking of the Crowcon ones as used in everything from breweries, gas processing plants and theatres. You should be able to get a sensor, panel and remote display with relay out for under £250 ex. VAT. As far as I know B&Q don't sell CO2 monitors.

Also, have you considered that it is a legal requirement, when using a CO2 system that you have purchased, to use a CO2 detector that is right for the system?
Got a reference for that? Sounds a bit like the whole step ladders are illegal argument to me.

Or is it time we started playing with asphyxiates with the general public around?
Unless you're a knuckle dragging idiot or have a particularly difficult or poorly ventilated venue some common sense and maybe a bit of simple maths is all that should be required. Dry ice has been used a lot longer than pen pushing tits have insisted on CO2 monitoring and it's hardly resulted in the end of the world has it? :)

£200-£250

And these are to be used with which system? Or are these the readily available ones from B&Q, which I wouldn't trust on a gig.

You won't find CO2 sensors in B&Q, You will find Carbon Monoxide ones there though.

Archived