EV Stage System 200 (s-200)

zakkyboi

hey, I've just got some secound hand EV s-200's (a pair) and one of them if you've got the music on quite low and sometimes loud it comes out destorted the bottom part of the speaker (dont really know what its called, not much of a sound person) but the top (tweeter?) sounds fine. I've opened it up to check if the speaker is ok and looks all fine to me, no damage to it at all.

My Question/s really is do they still do the speaker for the bottom? and if so where and how much? and is it easy to fit them?

Would be great to get these up and running like they used to be.

Any help would be great, I'm thinking of doing these speakers up again.

Cheers :)

Hi There ,

I used to own a pair of S200`s Fantastic little pair of speakers!

Shuttle sound are the main EV distributor in the UK . They offer great customer service . I have ordered spare HF drivers for my pair of SX 200`s in the

past and found them to be very helpfull. I know they still stock the drivers for theSX200 range of Cabinets . So a quick phone call to them should

be able to get that one sorted.

http://www.shuttlesound.com/Frames/company.htm

Fitting is easy.

1) Just a case of removing the four screws holding the EV grill on front of speaker cabinet

2) Use an Allen key to un-bolt the driver from the cabinet

3) Dis-connect the old driver from the cross over using the spring clip terminals.

4) Connect new driver to cross over (using spring clips - No soldering or messing about needed) :(

5) Bolt new driver in ,and re-attach grill.

ALL DONE ! :)

Might be well you get your old driver out and test it before you replace it.

One thing you could try is to Remove the front grill of speaker cabinet and genlty push down on the paper cone to see if it moves in and out freely (ie gently push in and see if springs back freely)

If it is stiff and makes a scrapping noise the coil is proberly damaged ..

Take care when pushing driver in . Dont push the centre use all your fingers spread out and lightly push the outer cone. TAKE CARE !

If you need any more help or advice feel free to pm me.

I have owned many EV speakers and Am a huge EV fan.

Good Luck -

Matt

Archived