Lighting Ploting Software

Deathride

As a student, you can pick up a copy of WYSIWYG for £75+vat. It doesnt have the visualisation part though. You can also download a free copy of Turbocad Learning Edition (LE). There are many programs out there, but both of those are very powerful and reasonably priced. If you want the visualisation side of WYSIWYG, it'll cost you around £300 as a student.

TurboCAD LE is certainly very good for a free program, there isn't much you can't do with the software - All you'll need to do is download some symbols from Modelbox (part of WL Group) and you'll be able to create very good LX plans.

I use it all the time and swear by it.

Stu

Modelbox is a part of the White Light Group (http://www.whitelight.ltd.uk/group.htm), who in case you've not heard of them, are a umbrella of companies which encorporates Whitelight Hire (do alot of tours and West End shows), Colourhouse (Conference / Exhibition), Moving Light Company amongst many.

Anyway Modelbox offer CAD services, and amongst this have a free download of the more common lanterns out there (Source Fours, Pars, SLs, Strand Patt. etc). Not all of them work in TurboCAD (I've found anyway), so you need to convert them to a R12 release of the *.DXF file format, in order for TurboCAD to be able to read them.

You can download them from here http://www.modelbox.co.uk/symbols.html

HTH

Stu

Ah this is where it gets interesting.

If you do a search on the forum someone posted (in reply to a thread by me I think) a WWW link to a batch translator that'll do the job.

Last time I needed one or two doing I did it on a friends copy of AutoCAD 2002.

Stu

thanks again ... I know this might sound odd but you would have the martin pro218 roboscan .... I know it's old but my colledge has 4 of them and well I was the one who used his head and looked at the manuale of how to get them to work

anyway heh if you have the symbol or one of a latter modal because there almost all the same ...

anyway

cheers in advance you've helped me a lot already and I am very greatful

Bob

Archived