New(ish) Behringer Lighting Desk

Pete Alcock

I write as a predominantly sound-oriented guy, but one who occasionally has to do lX. Rig comprises a dozen parcans so the new Behringer desk seemed like a good deal for £125.

Is it just me or does it come with the manual from hell? I'm not stupid and have managed to program the likes of Z88 Sirius's and so on in the past, but this desk really takes the biscuit.

I'm struggling even to fade up memories, I can't get it to go into "preset" mode (whatever that is), and I haven't even got to chases yet! Basically I just wondered if anyone else had had as much trouble as me, or whether I should just try harder and persist. (This sounds really feeble, but I'd even go on a course!!!)

Sound desks are never this hard!!

Frustratedly,

Pete.

Just keep on trying...you will reach a certain "Eureka!" point were you will figure it all out. Eventually you will find the way...you have figured the Sirius out, so this one should not be a great deal.

Best of luck.

Beher with it! :rolleyes: , I found that curled up on the settee whilst TV on, and playing with it whilst reading the manual I could quickly get up to speed with it.

Your right the style of writing is difficult to comprehend at times, It's not a straight 'how too manual...' I guess its down to the translation from German into English.

IMO for the price it packs a lot of good features...

regards

Behringer battle scarred :D

John and Ice,

Thanks for the encouragement!

On the basis that nothing worthwhile is ever easy, I'll stick at it!

I've just soldered 14 resistors and LEDs into a 15 way D-type plug to go into the analogue 0-10V out, so I can see exactly what's going on with the outputs as I fiddle. Should make it a bit easier.

If I ever crack it completely, I'll write a step by step guide for dummies (or other noise boys).

Cheers,

Pete.

Archived