What size hex key for Stepper motor?

frazer

Hello.

Quick question, does anyone know what size Hex key I need on a High End Studio Color stepper motor (in particular for the Cyan Wheel) to release the pulley and belt. I have tried all my keys. I assume it is some American imperial size. Just need to know what size to order.

Thankyou in advance.

Frazer

Thankyou for the quick reply. Considering that I have already tried a 1.5mm and that is too small, I would say 0.5 mm is also too small.

Thanks anyway.

Frazer,

The set screw you are referring to is a 3/16 imperial.

Best regards,

Joe Haller

HES Product Support

joe_haller at highend dot com

Further to this, does anyone know how to get the pulley off? I have loosened the grub screws but it still won't budge. What am I doing wrong?

Frazer

Sorry about the mislead on the allen size, it must have changed and our documents not updated to reflect it. Those pulleys can be tough to get off, the set screw tends to leave a rough spot on the motor shaft. If you are replacing the motor you may wish to consider replacing that pulley as well, it's $16 USD retail.

Best regards,

Joe

HES Product Support

Archived