Scene Setter Cue Stack?

karl

Quick question - does the Scene Setter console (aka Light Operator & Showmaster) have anything akin to a cue stack?

All the blurb on suppliers and "manufacturers" sites talk about programmable scenes and chases but don't specify how a scene is actually used. I have scoured the BR archives to no avail. I have even downloaded the manual(s) but they are not terribly clear and only seem to be talking about chases (timed, midi or sound to light).

Anybody able to enlighten me at all?

Thanks.

Its not the best and my memory of how to do it is weak!!

Record a scene and put it on a sub as you would normaly

Now record the next scene and put it on top of the first one as if your recording a chase,

Repeat for as long as you like (up to 99 scenes)

Then (and I cant remember the name of the button) put it in manual mode

Now push up the sub you have recorded it all on to and it will be in cue 1

Then press STEP and it will go to the next one in what ever time the FADE TIME is set at!

Simple!

Quick other question do you know the record code? ive lost the manual for mine and haven't used it for ages!

Hope that makes some sort of sence!!

Pete

Hi everyone.

I own this console (branded under the Contest Show24 name) and maybe I could help a little, at least according to my console.

There are four pages of 12 submasters each, and each submaster can record a scene or a chase up to 999 channels (yes, I once created one to make sure up to where it goes!). In 'Scene' mode, when you raise a submaster, the chase is played back.

Now, it is possible for one to record a specific speed for the chase, or leave it to 'Show' mode. 'Show' mode means that the chase will run either to a beat from the incoming audio signal, or to a thempo that ones taps on the designated button, or at the speed of the speed fader, OR when you press the 'Step' key: that could be your GO key.

Also, there is a mode where all chases can run simultaneously (always looping at their end), or run one after the previous has ended. If you set this non-mix mode, it gives you a cue stack of up to 4K scenes (at least the manual says so).

The only major drawback I have with this console, is that the fade rate cannot be recorded into the chase. There is a master 'Fade Speed' fader, and all fades obey to that. Also, you cannot record different speed for each cue/scene in the chase, all steps are of equal duration (unless you use the Step button).

Ah yes!, my program/record code is 1-5-6-8. I guess each brand that orders the console from China decides on their own code to use. The Clear-all code as stated in my manual does not work.

All in all, you could run a show on this console but it won't be a ride in the park and you will need to compromise on a few things.

You get what you pay for: I now know why this costs ~$300 and the Frogs, Pearls, <insert-name-here> cost a few thousands....

hth, Dimitris.

Archived