Behringer DCX2496 Configuration

fatfrog

Hi,

I wonder could anyone give me configuration suggestions for Behringer dcx2496 based on the following gear.

Amps:

Yamaha P3500s Power Amplifier - 350x2 @8ohms

Yamaha P7000s Power Amplifier - 700x2 @8ohms

Speakers:

Yamaha S112v - 60hz - 16khz

Yamaha SW115 - 35hz - 2khz

I've have wired everything up correctly as in subs connected to outputs 1 & 3 and the tops connected to 2 & 4 - everything is physically working fine as such just want to configure it for optimum performance.

Alan

It's all very subjective. I'd recommend a crossover frequency of about 125Hz but again adjust this to taste.

I'd also recommend a HPF on the subs at about 40Hz.

No delay should be necessary between the components but a differing delay from venue to venue may be required to delay to backline (see a recent thread).

Any eq settings should be setup for the system to provide a linear response (or as close to this as possible) and you can use a separate graphic eq if necessary to tune to the room on each separate venue.

what is optimum performance? there's no such thing for all occasions.

so the DCX is running in LHLHLH mode? thats okay. all you really need to do now is pick a crossover point. looking at the S112V and SW115 datasheets, 100Hz should be fine, but I'd listen to the music and let your ears fine-tune it. depends on whats going through it really.

how are the tops placed on relation to the bins? if they're on top or on poles, there's little work to be had in aligning them.

hope that helps.

dave

EDIT: rob beat me to it! pah

one thing that I'd add to rob's post though is that (iirc) when output channels are linked, the crossover points are included in that link, so if you select a 100Hz for your sub's LPF, the HPF for the tops changes to meet it.

Cheers Lads,

Just tried that configuration - getting very nice sound now

Bass is deep and pronounced now whereas my tops aren't being overworked.

Just one other thing - how do I setup the limiter properly - the use guide is not very good at explaining things compared to manufacturers guide - must have been translated from german or something!!!

Thanks

Alan

What you need to establish is the point at which you want to limit the power the amps supply to the speakers. If your amps are set at their maximum level the you can control everything with the DCX.

You need to listen to the sound at varying levels and if you get anything nasty at certain levels, you need to set limiters before that.

Thanks - Just did that now - I"d say the neighbours hate me at this stage:)

Anyways got the limiters configured such that I get no clipping at the amps when they are set t to 0db

Works perfect now - just thought id add the behringer is truely a great piece of kit - fingers crossed it's stay like this!!!

Cheers Lads

Alan

Works perfect now - just thought id add the behringer is truely a great piece of kit - fingers crossed it's stay like this!!!

Really good for the money, let's us boys on a budget make use of many features we wouldn't normally be able to.

Archived