Eltec 2000 Dimmer

harryh733

Yes you can - although it's worth noting you may connect (and use) as many lights as you want, just as long as at any time they are no more then 3kW total! (Which is actually all six channels at 500W, not a completely insignificant amound of light...)

Jim

Yes and no!

In (probably) 99.9% of cases then yes!

There are rare ocasions where the full 13 Amps are not available - I know of one venue in Gosport, where a 13A fused spur feeds a 13A socket, house lighting, stage fluorescent working lights, and emergency lighting. Strangely enough an attempt to pull the full whack from the socket goes horribly wrong!

Even on a ring main, just be aware of what else is on the ring!

HTH

Jim

Thanks Jim! Il check the ring im going to be using it on to see what else is on it!

Also, does anyone know what wires go where on the DIN cable? as in what oin is the +10v, channel 1 pin etc

Hi, as mentioned previously,

>SNIP<

If I recall correctly pin out is 1 to 6 are channels, 7 is 15Volt supply to desk, 8 is ground.

Don't forget octal terminals are numbered sequentially, 8 pin DIN terminals aren't.

I don't quite know how to upload diagrams to BR perhaps someone else could do that?

Archived