Strand Solo 2k Followspot

sbaldwin

I am doing a report on the optics of a Strand 2k Followspot. In this instance, it houses and incandescent lamp.

I am trying to determine what type of reflector it uses. Looking at photos it looks spherical, but I am not sure if that is for when an arc lamp is used...

Does anyone know of the exact specifications for the reflector and lenses?

Thank you

I am not sure if those specifics are even available?

Try the Strand archive Linky for more info.

BTW the reflectors on these are not the best and do burn out after a lot of use. They are also quite thin- not up to modern standards

Hi Mark - Just down the road from you! I'm sure we might have worked together in the past...

Yeah, I posted a message on the Strand Archive website, and looked at the related page, but doesn't offer anything specific. I have tried searching for other related pages on the web, but it seems to be quite an obsure subject.

Looking at the photo, it doesnt seem as shiny as I expected. Could I email you the image? I'm new to this forum so not sure how this could happen

An arc lamp? We don't tend to refer to these as 'arcs' mainly because we're a very history driven area, and arcs generate thoughts of much more interesting bits of kit than a reasonably recent followspot. The discharge lamped solo used a CSI/CID lamp, which although indeed is an arc, just doesn't get called it - if you see what I mean. Do you actually have one? If you don't, then the report won't be that good - if it's just based on published info. The difference between an elliptical and spherical reflector is pretty obvious when you look at it.

An arc lamp? We don't tend to refer to these as 'arcs' mainly because we're a very history driven area, and arcs generate thoughts of much more interesting bits of kit than a reasonably recent followspot. The discharge lamped solo used a CSI/CID lamp, which although indeed is an arc, just doesn't get called it - if you see what I mean. Do you actually have one? If you don't, then the report won't be that good - if it's just based on published info. The difference between an elliptical and spherical reflector is pretty obvious when you look at it.

I used one over Christmas, on my work experience and this is what the report is for. I apologise if I have used the wrong terminology - 'an environmental thing'.

The reason for the report is that I am still getting my head around how the optics work. Hence I am unsure what reflector it is.

Archived