DB QLS152 FORTYLINE system

mervaka

Sorry for yet another product specific thread *groans*

I was looking at the QLS152 rigs today, and most people seem to be selling them for less than £3000 new! Surely this is too good to be true, or am I expecting more dB/quality out of this than it's capable of? In its full form, it's a 4 way system, made up of 12" and 15" cones. This suggests to me the QLS is surely not all that bad for quality?

http://www.dbtechnologies.com/images/produ.../40LINE%20E.pdf

If anyone's seen one of these out, do let me know your opinions! If you can, let me know how it compares to say, an HK Actor rig.

• 8 months later...

An old topic I know, but did you happen to find out anything Mervaka?

I have heard some bad press about this system, and have not heard this but have the fiftyline, which I'm told is the same quality, but a little less spl?

For the price, it does look good on paper.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Sorry Mods, can this be merged please?

Forget the last, I was in 'outline' display mode!

nah, couldnt find jack about it. I went with that QSC HPR system in the end. exactly a week later, I also acquired a second hand Ohm TRS rig! :)

but in hindsight, I dont know if I'd have still bought this rig. I couldn't run just tops without lugging a separate amp rack with me, which defeats the point in having the integrated LMS/amp in the first place. I still would have liked to try a TT+ system..

I picked up the QSC system (2x HPR122i tops and 2x HPR151i subs plus short poles and covers) for £3250 from my local dealer. I dunno how good that price is elsewhere, but it beat thomann. that in itself was good enough for me.

Cheers bassfreak, It's always good to know someone who has used something you are interested in.

Would you say there is plenty of punch?

I understand that with the whole system linked up the centre bass cab frequency rises, and the double 15" cab lowers?

Mervaka, this could be the system for me, as the tops could be used full range when the mrs does solo gigs in small clubs and bars,

I use a powermate so the lack of amps in the tops wouldn't be a problem.

I say I have not heard it, but I have heard a band with 2 sets per side, which was great, am I to presume that 1 set per side would sound just as good sonically but lower in actual volume?

• 3 months later...

Hi. I bought a Fortyline rig about 5 months ago along with an Allan & Heath desk and I am very impressed with both the sound and the quality of the rig. It's a lot of punch for small bucks and very well put together. If asked for a down side to the rig - I could only say that "you have to drive the rig pretty hard to get a good solid sound" and this is a problem in smaller venues when chasing a big sound at low volume. But we are getting this sorted by balancing output to amps with a good results. I really can't fault this rig - it's fantastic value for money!

My band use this system and have done for over 2 years, a 5-piece live band and it sounds great, never had any real problems with yet either. It is a good system.

Hi Bassfreak.

We managed to bounce a mid bin down a flight of 8 granite steps on Christmas eve "Ouch" - The cover saved the housing and the bin performed perfectly when tested the next day! I'm with you - it's a damned good system.

I have one of these rigs, im selling it to be honest because I dont use it anymore, and its just sat in storage. Im sure ill be pretty sad to see it go!!

its a great PA for the money, big punchy sound, clarity, really robust and lightweight too, which is handy for the awkward load ins.

I put a 5 piece band through it including my drums, and it sounds ace.

if anyone wants to make me an offer on it just send me an email to gerdenferr@hotmail.com Im based in sheffield UK.

Matt

Archived