Dual output effects unit?

chatterbox

Hi,

I am looking for a 1 unit rack space effects unit that can be used as 2 totally seperate units... like the LEM FX24 (now discontinued).

We do have a LEM but unfortunately it seems to be slightly brain dead (aren't we all).

We also need midi capabilities

Many units are advertised as "dual engine", but they are not actually 2 seperate units....

Any ideas, suggestions etc..???

Thanks,

CHATTERBOX...

I think most of the lexicons can; .

Our MPX100 can not be used as a true dual engine, although the manual shows totally separate routing, the front panel controls are not independent for each channel.

So we are also looking for a rack mounting, true 2x mono effects unit and then the MPX100 goes on Ebay!!

edit for spelling

My TC M350 does. One side for Delays/chorus etc and the other half for reverbs. Rather nice revebs too - noticeably smoother and richer than the Lexicon ones built into my Soundcraft Spirit desks.

TC Electronic M350

Pete.

Sorry everyone - I should have also said - that we need both "units" to be in stereo. Quite a few units allow routing through the seperate engines, but only output in 2 x mono outputs....

Thanks,

chatterbox

Sorry everyone - I should have also said - that we need both "units" to be in stereo. Quite a few units allow routing through the seperate engines, but only output in 2 x mono outputs....

Thanks,

chatterbox

I should really do some research before writing this but what the hell...

What about Alesis nano verb or pico verb at 1/2 or 1/3 width or I think Studiospares have some "Samson" units or similar.

Obviously none of these are in the same league as M-One / Lexicons but may at least help explain the problem to someone who can make a better suggestion

Mi-ul

I think most of the lexicons can; .

Our MPX100 can not be used as a true dual engine,

That's why I said most :)

The MPX1 certainly can be used as two mono inputs with the two stereo effects block outputs appearing mixed on the main output. The routing is pretty comprehensive for that box.

Archived