it was.... poison *dun dun daaaaa*

Swizzuk

Hi All,

Been browsing this site for awhile and have loved reading everything and now ready to get my feet wet.

I'm doing sound design for a local village panto which runs during half term week in feb.

The script calls for one particular sound effect as you may have gathered now by the subject of this post.

However, I can find many different *stinger* effects but not the cheesy old fashioned and well loved *dun dun daaaa* sound effect.

A sound which is normally well done by a pit filled with people clutching instruments. Unfortunatly I dont have that luxury.

Does anyone know where I could find one or has anyone actually got the sound effect and could help me out.

Its a small village panto thats not for profit and all for raising funds to help our village.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

James

Chris Moyles has a program on his website called Sound Machine, it's a free download along with several "soundpaks" www.chrismoyles.net these paks are all the F/X & Jingles he uses on his show and this sting along with many other favourites including soundbites from little Britain, Peter Kay & many others are in there. It's well worth having, the way it works is that the operational skin has four windows each representing a row of the standard computer keyboard, a "soundpak" is loaded into each window and the cues are fired off simply by pressing the corresponding key on the computer, a right click on the skin brings up a cue list (if it has been created) so you know which key corresponds to a particular sound. You can also make your own Paks using MP3 files

PS I think the one you want is in Pak44 but not sure, It's definitely there somewhere!!

Fun to have and breaks the ice at parties!!! Have fun!

What you're looking for is a music stab and not usually known as a 'sound effect' which may be why you're having problems finding it.

Try searching for 'production music', companies like Carlin or KPM are good places to start, many of which allow low quality demo versions to be auditioned and then the chosen track can be purchased.

Thanks everyone, really a great help.

Got the exact sound I wanted.

Also makes it easy that when you load the sound pak it actually caches them all and you can just copy and paste!

All the other places are great recommendations and will have a look through those as well. Cause you never know what you can find!

Thank you so much for all your help. greatly appreciated.

James

I know you have found the one you want, but here are some of the sites I use for some of my video stuff:

http://sounddogs.com/ (My Personal Fave!)

http://simplythebest.net/sounds/index.html

http://www.members.tripod.com/~buggerluggs/ie/wav-dir184.htm

Happy searching! :)

EDIT: By the way, I just looked at the chris moyels app... looks realy very good and quite useful.

Ref the Chris Moyles thing, it turns out that if you download a "soundpak" then run unzip on it, you get a .pak file (which is really a zip file), run unzip on that and you get a load of mp3s and a file called pakinfo that lists the contents...

Might be useful to someone.

Anyone know what license that stuff is under?

Regards, Dan.

Ref the Chris Moyles thing, it turns out that if you download a "soundpak" then run unzip on it, you get a .pak file (which is really a zip file), run unzip on that and you get a load of mp3s and a file called pakinfo that lists the contents...

I just discovered the same thing!

Would also like to know what the licence deal is with it too.

Thought it would be good to point out that the website at www.chrismoyles.net is not an offical site run by or for/on-behalf of Chris Moyles, and is a fan site. As such, I doubt any of the mp3s on the sound machine program are licensed in any way.

Thought it would be good to point out that the website at www.chrismoyles.net is not an offical site run by or for/on-behalf of Chris Moyles, and is a fan site. As such, I doubt any of the mp3s on the sound machine program are licensed in any way.

As far as I know it is the official site as they also publish a lot of the show material on there

From the small print on the site:

It is your responsibility to check you have the rights to use any sounds contained within SoundPaks for whatever purpose you intend to use them.

Not sure it would stand up in a court of law, but that's their stance on this.

Archived