Grand MA 3D Vista Issues

Jack

Hello,

I am trying to run Grand MA 3D on my Vista based laptop. After installing some missing dynamic-link library files and an of hour de-bugging I have had little joy! Anyone got any clues?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Jack

Maybe I'm just lucky but I installed 3D on my Vista laptop and it worked first time.

Have you tried MA-Share.net yet? Click the discussion tab and have a search as there's a bit of Vista discussion around. The software authors are on there too so may be able to help with anything specific.

Maybe I'm just lucky but I installed 3D on my Vista laptop and it worked first time.

Have you tried MA-Share.net yet? Click the discussion tab and have a search as there's a bit of Vista discussion around. The software authors are on there too so may be able to help with anything specific.

Damn my luck! I'll have a look on there see if anything comes up! Cheers!

From my frequenting of a school IT site (no not embraced Vista yet) it seems that one of the principle problems is V won't let software write to C:\programs\GrandMa or whatever, but it insists that settings and configurations are written to C:\Documents and Settings\your user name.

As a Mod, I'll just ask that we all keep this very much On Topic, or we'll set the dancing locks on it!

C:\programs\GrandMa or whatever, but it insists that settings and configurations are written to C:\Documents and Settings\your user name.

In terms of OS design, this is a great idea, just not a very backward-compatible one. You are correct in saying that the application will be denied writes to within Program Files, and this can be fixed on of 2 ways:

1) When running the application, right click and select "Run as Administrator"

2) Use this permissions guide on the Grand MA directory in Program Files

2 will be permanent, 1 you'll have to do on every launch. However, try 1 first to double check that the problem is with the permissions - if it works, then 2 will.

Nicholas Hollett

Archived