pearl river par led cannons

watdafunk101

At the moment I am having a serious issue with a lighting setup. First of all I have a standard rig of 8 robe 250xt's(channels 1-8) then four 575washes(9-12). That bit is OK. I have recently added four pearl river 64 led light on the the end of that chain.

The first LED is the same address as the third, and second as the fourth. I am using light jockey and once I add the four new lights into the DMX line the other lights lose signal and start acting unnaturally e.g moving or strobing. I have had technical enquiries about this and was told this may have something to do with the LEDs transmitting master slave functions to to rest of the lights and this is why the light's are behaving this way.

I really don't no how to sort out this problem and any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

The cub

Moderation: SPaGed - Please take some care when posting, so people can understand what you mean and help you more easily.

DMX terminator required possibly ??
There is a terminator at the end of the link.

OK I have new info regarding my problem, if I make changes to the dip switches e.g. addresses this seems to stop the erratic behavior of the lights!

Moderation: SPaGed - Please take some care when posting, so people can understand what you mean and help you more easily.

Do not double post, big no no. Also, improve the spelling and grammar in your posts, your first large one is a little hard to read. Another thing that doesn't go down well and puts people off attempting to help. Its just good manners :stagecrew:

To me it sounds like there's a bad DMX cable between either the last fixture and the 1st LED unit in the chain, or between the other LED units. Got to be one of those cables as you say yourself, the rest of the rig works fine without. Try swapping out each cable I described above, one at a time..

Only other thought might be if you using naughty mic cable instead of proper DMX rated flex? Sure we all know mic cable works fine sometimes.. other times, it doesn't. Rather hit n' miss. In your case, it could be one of the times it doesn't want to work.

HTH.

Tom

Added after re-reading watdafunk101's reply:

if I make changesd the dip switches about eg.address's this seem's to stop the eraatic behavior of the lights!
Well then whats the problem? You've solved the issue by the sounds of it!

Archived