New 250's on a Fat Frog

Tom_Robbo26

Im currently planning for my next show. And I'm contemplating hiring the new martin mac 250 entours. And weve had the fat frog lighting desk for some time now and I was just wondering with these lights being newer than the lighting desk will they still work the same way? when patching in and things with the different modes etc. I know the entour has still gobos and indexable ones, so doesnt this mean that the mode channels are going to be different. If so how do I go about gettin the firmware update or how do I input the settings to make it compatible.

Thanks

TR

You can download a fixture library from the Zero88 website, and then import it using a floppy disk (on the fixture assign screen select "Select fixture from floppy disk" or something along those lines).

If it has been updated to include new lanterns, I don't know.

Go to http://support.zero88.com/main/en/product/9 and download the fixture library release 18. Extract the file you need, and then load it to the desk as any other personality.

While the FF is out of production, Zero88 are great at maintaining support. Operating Software 10.9 was released in December, after the desk was discontinued, and carry on offering help with writing personalities if you need it.

HTH

• 5 months later...

I have recently tried to use the fat frog with 2 entours and have tried to assign them by using the option "Assign fixture from floppy disk" as the entours are not in the fixture list on the desk.

Do I have to install the latest desk software update? or do I just use the fixture library? as I cant seem to get the desk to find any fixtures on the floppy disk although I have extracted all the files to the root of the disk so there are no folders.

Any ideas why this is happening? is there just one file I need on the floppy disk or do I need all 3 that the download comes with?

Thanks

And if you do want the Entours in the list on the desk, use Common Fixture Manager to create a personal list of fixtures (up to 20, I think) you usually use which you can upload onto the desk by putting the file which you've made onto a Floppy Disk and uploading it to the desk using:

Super User > Floppy Disk > Load CFT and selecting the correct file. Included with Fixtures tools is the default file which you can have if you ever wish to load the defualt CFT onto the desk (if you are selling to desk, etc...).

Hope this helps.

Thanks Hobit Light that Common Fixture Manager worked a treat!

Just one more thing. It gave me the option of Martin Mac 250 Entour or Martin Mac 250 Entour Enh. Im guessing this is like the different modes (1,2,3,4) available for the 250+'s?

Anyone know any benefits of the enhanced operation? It uses the same parameters and everything so I don't know if there is a difference or not? Any advice would be great.

Thanks

You'll need to make sure you're using the light in the same mode as the desk has them patched in, so you may need to tweak the personality of the light. If you're not short on DMX channels then go for the enhanced mode - more control after all.

• 4 weeks later...
I have recently tried to use the fat frog with 2 entours and have tried to assign them by using the option "Assign fixture from floppy disk" as the entours are not in the fixture list on the desk.

Do I have to install the latest desk software update? or do I just use the fixture library? as I cant seem to get the desk to find any fixtures on the floppy disk although I have extracted all the files to the root of the disk so there are no folders.

Any ideas why this is happening? is there just one file I need on the floppy disk or do I need all 3 that the download comes with?

Thanks

if you would like the lastest version in the right form to put on the floopy disk. Just email me at a917917@hotmail.com and ask for it. Same goes for anyone else! :guitar:

Archived