Markup help

Hi all,

Bit last minute but I've just been given a set design to lay first thing tomorrow morning. I'm fine with the majority but there is a funny squiggle that I'm not sure about the best way of doing. Rough copy of included below

Its on paper so cannot check on cad and it certainly does not look like any of the curves are of a constant radius. No idea what the item is either.

Any suggestions as to the best way to tackle this, most appreciated.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/jamesslatford/markup.jpg

Any chance of speaking to the set designer before you do the mark-up? Or is there someone else (director maybe?) who can explain what it is representing?

Even if you do the mark-up as per the set-plan you are likely to get the company asking what the lines represent!

Draw a straight line between the end points and draw a line at right angles every 300/500/1000mm depending on scale and measure the distance out to where it touches the curves. Transfer to stage/rehearsal room floor and join the dots.

If you are using PVC tape don't forget to stretch it and let it settle as you go along or it will all have peeled up before you hit the first tea break.

Archived