Faulty Martin Magnum 2000

Hunter2003k

hi, I have a magnum 2000 smoke machine, that is not pumping fluid/smoke.

it is heating up and going ready, however the pump will not pump when it is supposed to be pumping.

is there any way to test the pump individually before I go out and purchase a replacement.

and is there any way to test the pcb to check that its not at fault.

is there anyone with a magnum 2000 that can meter the voltage at the pump so I can compare it with my machine.

I have ruled out the wired controller by using another and also by just using a 0-10v controller.

cheers dougie.

Guest joewhite903
Take the front Top cover off when the unit is off. (4 screws then Cover pops out) U will see the red pump in a rubber mount with 2 spade connections, Grab youself a multimeter set it to ac and place The probes across the 2 terminals, Now switch the unit on and when it has heated up press the fire button, making sure it is set to full output, the pump should hum and the meter should read anything above 110v AC, If not it could be a faulty Board or dodgy connection. If its the pump There cheap and easy to replace Only £15 trade. Joe

hi I have measured the voltage at the pump, and I am seeing around 118vac at high output and around 60vac at low output.

where would be best to get the pump, as the cheapest price I have is £26. £15 sounds much nicer. ** laughs out loud **

Cheers dougie.

Guest joewhite903
Hi there as I was sayin £15 is trade, I could find out how much my boss would do it for, Where abouts are you, are u local to glasgow, Ta joe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joewhite903
One thing to note with the Magnum 2k, the Heatsink on the board carries a nice voltage (240v IIRC), as I found out when I accidentaly brushed my hand across it whilst working on one. I thought it was a fault, but apparently not!

Ouch, I forgot all about that, when I was first reparing them it was one off the first things I checked as I knew I had to reset the thermo temp whilst the unit was on, which is at the bottem rite beside the heatsink :unsure:

It's safer to substitute the pump for a 25W pigmy lamp in a holder, that way you dont have to have your hands anywhere near the thing when testing with power applied. The number of posts explaining electrical carelessness around live mains illustrates the hazards exposed. Add some stale smoke fluid and it's a recipe for disaster.

It's safer to substitute the pump for a 25W pigmy lamp in a holder, that way you dont have to have your hands anywhere near the thing when testing with power applied. The number of posts explaining electrical carelessness around live mains illustrates the hazards exposed. Add some stale smoke fluid and it's a recipe for disaster.

I did exactly that, im picking up the new pump on sat so fingers crossed it all works. I picked up on the live heatsink when googling for info on the machine.

Archived