Generics in Daslight

mrcog

I've been using Daslight Virtual Controller for quite a while and have been looking for generics on it. I know they have pars and stuff but I'm looking for fresnels and profiles but can't seem to find them. Are there any on their, if there isn't (which I do suspect) then can anyone suggest any FREE software that can be used to design set and lights and render them. I'm only 15 and therfore cannot afford the 2 grand or whatever for WYSIWYG.

On otherhand, anyone got a WYSIWYG dongle that they would like to give to a student wanting to experiment with WYSIWYG? :P :) (I do have the WYSIWG demo, but you can't save, print or export. Which isn't helpful but I appriciate that Cast is a company and they don't want to give it away free)

I've been using Daslight Virtual Controller for quite a while and have been looking for generics on it. I know they have pars and stuff but I'm looking for Fresnel's and profiles but can't seem to find them. Are there any on their, if there isn't (which I do suspect)

Well there isn't any profiles or Fresnel's on it but its dead easy to make them in the scan library editor. just edit a par 64 and put whatever beam angle you want on them. the par 64 is 16 degree's on it. for the Fresnel all you can do is use a par 64 and adjust the beam angle. You won't be able to simulate the lens just beam angle and colour on both.

if your having any trouble making them up, pm me and I can make them for you. only takes a minute.

Hi,

I'm sure when I used to use it I found that there were some fresnels in the Strand Fixture folder, Under theatrical Frenels.,

But as avdavesound says it is really easy to edit fixtures with the fixture editor which is what I did to a par can becuase of its beamshape.

Cheers,

Ryan

Archived