SFX problem

moritzioz

Help :) I cant find a specific sound effect, and im not too sure how to create it with my sound effects engine. Its a deep bass, with some distortion, to give the mood fo danger, tension and extreme suspense. Its not too distorted that its grainy, and its not too fast that you cant get the emotion from it. I cannot find it!! Its like a deep buzz thats been distorted, slowed and bassed so its really strong. It was used in the play The Pillowman in singapore during the moments of suspense. Can anyone help?

Have a listen to "The Final Countdown" By Europe. Right at the beginning. Is that what you're after? Just to get an idea of what it sounds like! Might be able to chop and loop that or find out how it was done.

Have you tried getting hold of a keyboard/synth and playing with it? I have a feeling it will be a tone/voice rather than a sound effect.

Archived