EW300 G2 Compatability with older EW500 kit

PoppaDom

Hey everyone, I think I know the answer to this but can anyone comment on using EW300 G2 transmitters with older EW500 receivers. My feeling is that they are compatible and that the solution should work. Need the smaller pack for this application.

All feedback appreciated.

Poppadom

I'm not sure if it makes a difference doing it this way around (G2 tx and older rx) but you might want to disable the pilot tone on the G2 kit. It makes a big difference when using older tx with G2 rx...

I'm not sure if it makes a difference doing it this way around (G2 tx and older rx) but you might want to disable the pilot tone on the G2 kit. It makes a big difference when using older tx with G2 rx...

I've mixed and matched G1 and G2 stuff from ew100 and ew300 ranges without any problems just making sure to turn off pilot on the G2 stuff. AFAIK the 500 should be the same, but I've never tried to use it. Have you tried phoning Sennheiser Technical Support? They are always extremely helpful on such matters.

Archived