Betapack 2's

Pardisaster

Ok I might be able making myself sound like a banana, but can anyone help me with some info on betapack2's.

I have always run setups with beta1's zero88 rackmasters and *shudders* strand tempus', I have used DMX vastly on 70% of my rigs, but usually using my trusty demux.

what is the deal with the DMX directly into the dimmers? I know my dunce hat is looking quite nice right now, but a few bits of amazing blueroom info wouldnt go amiss...

Assuming your Betapack2 has DMX fitted (not all do, but if the connectors are there then the card is also there), then it is just a case connecting the DMX cable, the terminating plug or the cable on to the next device, and setting the base channel and away you go.

In fact, the DMX card in the Betapack2 is an internal 6 channel demux, as the basic dimmer is still analogue.

so I take it that means they can be linked just like any other DMX controlled device or fixture?

Yup - though IIRC the DMX channel address selectors are hidden behind a panel.

There is a DMX in, and DMX out and a termination switch on the front panel.

Archived