Outputting 50hz

graphics_kelly

I am currently trying to replicate a set-up that I have been using with another companies kit. They are running 2 shuttle's, show and back-up and use powerstrip to feed the video tech with 50hz as this helps the MPEG's run smoothly. I am investigating buying 2 high-spec laptops but these will obviously not output 50hz naturally. I can use software called powerstrip to force the refresh rate to 50hz but this runs some risk to my pc's. Is there a scaler or other hardware that will do the scaling to 50hz for me for both machines?

Advice greatly appreciated.

The Barco Image Processing kit is able to output 50Hz. You'd probably be best off looking at the Image Pro- described to me as the 'Swiss Army Knife' of image processing, as it'll take pretty much any format in and convert to any output format, especially if it's the HD/SDI Version.

If the input is over the 50Hz, even the Screen Pro II will show some 'strobing' when using anything over 50Hz, but is significantly better than the cheaper offerings from other manufacturers. Playing with the output rates can help, such as running at 59.9Hz.

Archived