Searching for a fake White Persian Kitten

meerkat

Dear All,

I'm currently working on Pinter's "The Collection" which involves a small, young, white Persian kitten. One of the cast is allergic to cats, so we cannot use a real one. Has anyone done this show before, or know of a good contact for a fake kitten? It needs to be floppy so it can be manipulated on stage. I've tried toy makers, taxidermists and even Jim Henson, but this close to Christmas it's proving a little hard... We open on Jan 15th.

Any assistance much appreciated!

Couple of ideas:

One would depend on how big your budget is - film production companies are often quite helpful when it comes to sourcing realistic animal props. Try the American companies too, there is usually a greater selection there.

Secondly, have you got in touch with any prop hire companies? Superhire, A & M Hire (have a nice selection of cats!)

Hope this helps!

puppet makers are probably your best bet - but perhaps not jim henson....if you pm I could probably find a couple of names in the address book...

the style of the the prop / puppet would probably depend on the scale of your show - smallscale intimate theatre with audience less than a metre away, or royal opera house....?

Archived