Too many attributes for Strand display

LeeStoddart

Using Robe 700s in Mode 1 on a Strand 520i (2 screens). The Robes have 36 channels in this mode. When selecting one of the robes the display automatically switches to show the attributes but the screen has only 24 or 25 lines so doesn't show all of the attributes.

Is there a way to "scroll down" to the later attributes in the display list?

I have set up my ATCPAGE.LIB so that the display is in a (for me) sensible order and I have set attribute pages so that I can control all of the attributes using the rotaries. But even when I'm on an attribute page for one of the later attributes I only see the values in the top right frame of the screen. So I see the DMX value but not what group they are referencing.

Suggestions welcome.

Using Robe 700s in Mode 1 on a Strand 520i (2 screens). The Robes have 36 channels in this mode. When selecting one of the robes the display automatically switches to show the attributes but the screen has only 24 or 25 lines so doesn't show all of the attributes.

Is there a way to "scroll down" to the later attributes in the display list?

I have set up my ATCPAGE.LIB so that the display is in a (for me) sensible order and I have set attribute pages so that I can control all of the attributes using the rotaries. But even when I'm on an attribute page for one of the later attributes I only see the values in the top right frame of the screen. So I see the DMX value but not what group they are referencing.

Suggestions welcome.

Not all attributes need to be separate I would say as some are just so called 'fine' parameters. You assign them in your fixture library file by using the x in front of the attribute number. That way it might all fit in to the window, I come up to 24 attributes that way.

Scrolling is not possible I think but I'm not sure.

Arjen

Nice tries but no cigars I'm afraid...

I don't think Page Down works - that takes me to the next set of fixtures (channels)

And defining the "wide" attributes using the x convention doesn't reduce the number of lines needed on the screen as the fine part of the attribute is shown as a line underneath the coarse attribute.

Sadly I believe this is a problem with the 500 series software that was never resolved. There are workarounds, such as using X connect logged in to a different user and setting a different display range for that login.

Another option is that you can type x.x>x.y enter, which will just select those attributes and display them in the screen (so 1.91 thru 1.99 would show all the shape channels if used) however this is a bit of a pain!

Hope that helps!

Richard

What you can do is edit the [D1] values in the ATC page. This determines the order in which parameters are displayed and which parameters are actually displayed.

I always leave out leave out either pan or tilt once I have made my position groups. Or instead of displaying 2, 11, 12, 13 I only choose to display 2 when I made my colourgroups.

There are also parameters I don't use at all, so I leave them out permanently (e.g. all the speed channels)

Archived