Front of House Training

Hi all. I'm on the look out for some suitable front-of-house training which we can buy-in to train up some teachers at the school where I work to be 'proper' front-of-house duty managers. Have considered running the training myself, which I do currently to a certain extent, but feel it would have greater 'weight' if it comes from an external body. Anybody know of anywhere offering suitable on-site training courses, which are theatre and front-of-house specific, rather than just general H&S courses? Oh, I'm in Cambridge.

Edit to add: More specifically, I'm looking for a course which deals with audience safety, evacuation procedures, basic fire stuff, legal provisions, etc.

Thanks in advance.

As Niall says, the fire officer and local authority should be able to give guidance. Might be worth asking the team at the Arts what they do about it.

Might be worth looking at some of the event management books on the ETNow siteand at the ABTT book The Model National Standard Conditions for Places of Entertainment. Not volumes you might want to own, but useful for the school library. (The ETN books are heavily geared towards the outdoor event, but have some useful stuff)

KC

Archived