Remaining Clip Time in Arkaos

peternewman

For an upcoming show we're using Arkaos as a traditional video server to play out lots of bits of VT, however we want to have a countdown somewhere on the interface screen, so the VT op can count each clip down. We're using a MIDI keyboard for triggering, and can find the length of each clip using VLC. So before I sit down and write a small bit of software that sniffs the MIDI and uses it to control various counters, has anyone done this already? If you have would you care to share it with me?

You can do this with PCStage.

Either...

Have the MIDI messages trigger a cue, which you've set the time on, and then as it gets to the last ten seconds you'll see the time count down, or...

Use PCStage to generate the MIDI messages instead of the keyboard, and then either (easiest) run with a cuelist if it suits the show, or make keys trigger cuelist items.

I'm pretty sure the unregistered evaluation will do all this fine.

Hi Peter

I am fairly sure that Screen Monkey V3 will do what you want. It is certaily MIDI controlable and will give you a countdown for the end of each clip. The release date is the 3rd December but to save you having to write bits of software I could give you a beta version.

Olie

Thanks for the offer Ollie. The event is on Saturday and we've got everything loaded in and working, so I think people would be a bit reluctant to change to some new software at such short notice. However I look forward to seeing the new features in Screenmonkey when its released.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to conclude a bit, we had a few issues with Arkaos during and before the show, so a lot of the stuff came off tape in the end, however I'm fairly confident the software worked alright. So if anyone does want it in future let me know and I'll tidy it up as necessary and send it across.

Archived