Incandescent light fittings

Suzette

As you probably know this type of lamp is known as a PEG Architectural Strip Light.

The light fittings for them were always a bit lethal as you could stick you finger in the hole, if you were that way inclined :) for that reason they may have been discontinued unless a safety version has been developed.

You can buy the individual PEG end connectors from these people Mr Resistor and then mount them onto a piece of wood or whatever to make a lamp holder.

Guest joewhite903

I will speak to my dad when he gets back from his work , we might still have a pair off those fittings from before we did up the bathroom , as far as I rember there black and in great nick,

Joe

They look like the fittings that we've been using for a show recently, ours came from stage electrics although they had to be shipped from the bristol branch.

I used a hell of a lot of these fittings last year for set dressing, the easiest way I found of getting hold of them was through Stage Electrics.

Nah they're defo still available, it was this summer when I bought them. They didnt have any at B&Q Warehouse or Homebase (we have all of them here!), just the Focus.

I particularly wanted that type after my mums had given such good service and they give a very even opalescent light.

As regarding sticking your finger in, you would probably suffer a similar fate with any bayonet or edison screw fitting found in every home.

Archived