minimac and fatfrog help

minimac

You'll need to create a profile for the Minimac - go to the Zero 88 website at http://www.zero88.co.uk, and download the fixture profile creator. It's in there somewhere.

And also download the Manual for the Minimacs at http://www.martin.dk and look under the Moving Head section for the Minimacs.

HTH

Stu

PS. Just be informed by Peter (smartarse) that there is a profile on the fixture disk. Still never harmed anyone to learn :unsure: :mellow: :rolleyes:

On the Frog board itself you will need to 'assing' the fixtures.

You can do this by entering SUPER USER (Hold down + and - and Enter) and then click DESK SETUP and then click on ASSIGN FIXTURES.

The super user menu may look or be laid out slightly differently depending on what version you have (V9 is the latest and it changed on here)

For fixture Personality Files you can use the Z88 Editor available from their website or you can go to The Fixture File Exchange.

If you cannot find the file on their log on to the Frog Support Forum where I am sure K-9 (the mastermind of all things Frog) will beable to help you create a fixture personality file.

Sam

PS- Make sure you have to right mode (for e.g. Mac 500e Mode 4 not 3,2,1 etc.) this is a common problem found with Fixture Files

When you have assigned the fixture you will need to set the MiniMAC address. This depends on:

a: Do you want all the fixtures doing the same thing?

b: Have you got any other fixtures runnning on the desk?

c: Are you running in wide mode?

d: What fixture button you have the fuxture programmed into.

If you have just got the 4 MiniMAC's programmed into Fix1, Fix2, Fix3 & Fix4 and you are running in wide mode you will need to set the DMX as follows (assuming they are Mode 4 MiniMAC's)

Fix 1: 49

Fix 2: 60

Fix 3: 71

Fix 4: 82

Hope That Helps

Nick

Cheers everyone, this has been very helpful. We will be running some abstract fixtures as well, so the total number of fixtures will be 10. How would I dip switch the abstracts so they would work with the martins, I have already built a cable to reverse signal polarity. Also, could you give me the full 10 addresses? Shouldn’t the hire company provide a list of DMX addresses? Or something to help?

Thank you very much.

Hi there, I have got 4 minimac profiles and a fatfrog controller. I would like, if any one knows, the DMX channels I need to programme into the macs? Also, is that all I need to do, is there anything on the fatfrog?

Thanks in advance

The Zero 88 Fixture Library contains the Martin MiniMAC Profile (Modes 1 -4).

The latest fixture library for the Frog Series of desks can be obtained from the Frog Support Forum ... Click on the link in my signature below.

If you have any further questions on fixtures, fixture type file creation, assignment and patching, please contact me via the Frog Support Forum.

Archived