Strand 300 wheel work around?

jimtech

Hi all.

I have a Strand 300 in my venue and unfortunatly the wheel on the control surface has given up.

I thought that intensities of selected channels could be controlled by the wheel on the Trackball? But I just can't work out how to make it happen. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

what do you mean the wheel gave up? as in it no longer effects the channels?

I had one stop working for awhile so I opened up the board (we also vacuumed out the dust) and saw that the rubber band that connected the wheel to the sensor was no longer there. I ended up using a small gasket that our maintenance dept had laying around.

You could try adjusting the ATC page (more>notes display>load file>atc) and change one of the wheels to control attribute 1. This should allow you to have control over intensity from another place (the line would probably read 1,3,4,1,...

Might be worth a try as a short term solution!

Thanks

Richard

Thank you. I'm aware that the drive belt is broken, it turns out that it breaks all the time on this particular desk.

I wasn't aware that the wheel on the trackball could be set to different attributes. I shall look look at that for a work around.

Thanks for the tips.

Archived