Which Amps??

richie1575

Hi All!

My rig is as follows...

EV RX212 x2

EV RX118 x4

EV AC1

I'm looking to upgrade my power amps as the second set of 118's are a recent addition! I previously used a QSC CX404 bridged to drive the bins, but with an extra pair the amp won't be too happy! The tops run happily off a Crown Pulse, so I'm looking for a compact amp for the subs.

I'm fascinated by the tiny 1U digital amps from Powersoft... but they may exceed my budget. The only other idea is a pair of QSC PLX1802's/2502's brigded. Any other thoughts! System not used too often these days, and it only does easy stuff... no all-nighters! Compactness and lightweight is the order of the day. Budget is around £1300ish

Any recommendations gentlemen... also DBX Driverack PA? Will it give me a substancial improvement over the AC1??

Thanks in advance!

Richie

At the moment Bob Kelly's has got a load of lab gruppen fp6400 for 1850 euros each, which converts to £1292. There might be additional sales taxes, but it's worth thinking about! Alternatively perhaps look for a secondhand Camco Vortex 6.

M

Rich,

If it was me, I'd be trying to use the EV P1202 (for tops) and EV1201 (mono block of an amp). These 2 amps are modular and you just put in the relevant module for the speaker you're wanting to use and it has all the settings you need.

Alternatively, as you've got the Analogue X-Over, how about the EV P3000 and P2000 amps?

I know EV recommend them with their systems -yes, it will be more money for them, but they also designed the speakers so the amps would work well with them.

I understand QSC would work well - PLX series would be good here.

At the moment Bob Kelly's has got a load of lab gruppen fp6400 for 1850 euros each, which converts to £1292. There might be additional sales taxes, but it's worth thinking about!

Unfortunately you have to buy a minimum of 8...

Yep! I had a look at that! Anybody else want one?? ;)

Archived