Thomann ACHAT, Actor DX, DB FL118+

Ben Langfeld

Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing an ACHAT system as a small touring rig. This would be used in venues of 100-200 capacity for anything from guy&guitar to metal. Getting a demo of a Thomann own brand system would prove slightly tricky so I was wondering if anyone had one and would mind if I came along to a gig to have a listen? I'm in Manchester but don't mind travelling if there's none round these parts. The other systems I am considering are the Actor DX (not sure about those 15s) or the DB Technologies FL118+ (I like the idea of a powered system). I've not listened to these systems either, so if anyone's got one and is willing to let me have a listen, that would be great also. The budget is £4-5k; are there any other comparable systems at this price point?

This may or may not help but I know theres some actor stuff going on concert systems fairly cheap. If it was me I'd talk to adlib to see what they could do for you. The boxes Ive heard destroy most other stuff Ive heard. Also give fohnn a look at as they are pretty hot as well.

Hope this helps

I've herd This before and liked it, no distortion at even high levels it's active as well and if its not loud enough your budget allows you to get two. It was in a hired church hall about 300-400 capacity they used two sets. It was for live music rock/metal and also spoken word. It was also used outdoors on a 150m long track field and could be herd from the other end clearly no EQ needed really apart from a little on about 12-15k to reduce shrillness.

Josh

I've herd This before and liked it, no distortion at even high levels it's active as well and if its not loud enough your budget allows you to get two.

Thanks Joshua, but I'm wanting to look a little more up-market than DAP Audio. Perversely, I'd trust Thomann products more so than DAP.

Kevin, thanks for that, I'll be in touch with both to arrange a demo. Craig, I'd forgotten about Adlib's own range, I'll be in contact with them also. Fohhn look to be slightly over my budget at list price so I'll probably have to discount them.

Any other suggestions? I'm still eager to hear this ACHAT system, and probably the DB too - they both look to be a lot for the money.

hey I dont mean to derail this thread too much, but has anyone heard or seen the thomann SB1800s in action? I came across them while drawing plans up for a new FoH rig, and they seem to carry a very interesting price tag! I just think its too good to be true.

Archived