Problem with Congo Offline Editor

Firewood1

Hi there,

Has anybody had any trouble with the Congo Offline Editor?

I have discovered a very weird problem and yet I find it almost impossible to refer to it as a glitch or bug as it's so huge, there is no way ETC would not have noticed.

Here it is....I can record a Palette (holding down R, then ALT followed by P) I can record Colour (hold down R, then ALT followed by C) same with focus palettes using F key.

In the list of shortcuts, as you might expect, B is the key for Beam. However when I hold down R, press ALT and then B, I do not get a window pop up asking me to name my new beam palette, as I do for focus, colour and general palettes.

If anybody has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. It's not a keypad lock issue either, as the keypad on my laptop does not overlap the B key.

I look forward to any responses!

Cheers

Congo Offline 4.3.2 is happy to do it here - [R] & [Alt] &

Have you tried an external keyboard (USB or PS/2)? - Many laptop keyboards are a little 'odd' (I know mine are!)

Don't forget you can also hold down [R] and click the {Beam} softkey in the Moving Light dock - although this does have a habit of filling the name text box with "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Hi

It's strange that we can't record the beam palette like the focus even in offline editor of 4.3.2 version. I try that in my PC and I can do it only using the moving light dock.

Why don't you post that question on the Congo forum at etc website? maybe over there they get you some answers.

http://www.etcconnect.com/Community/forums/11/ShowForum.aspx

Hi there -

It appears that I cannot do this with my external USB keyboard either. I am pretty sure I have done this successfully with my laptop keyboard, though. I also know that it works fine with an X-Keys panel. Some keyboards must handle multiple simultaneous keyhits better than others...

Thanks -

Sarah

Archived